OxleyCare live-in carers are exceptional. We are looking for compassionate, caring and respectful individuals with a desire to make a real difference to someone’s life. Every day and each client vary and the difference that you make can be hugely rewarding. Knowing that every working day you are assisting a client’s standard of living and quality of life can provide great joy and companionship. Patience and a good sense of humour are important!
What does a live-in carer do?
The primary role of a live-in carer is to enable the person requiring care to continue to enjoy a secure, comfortable and independent life within the familiar surroundings of their own home. The duties undertaken by a live-in carer will vary in accordance with the daily needs of the person requiring care and include:
- Personal care – includes assistance with dressing, washing and toileting as well as advice, encouragement and emotional and psychological support
- Companionship – sharing time together and providing conversation
- Helping with mobility – assistance in getting around the home
- Household chores – help keep the home clean and tidy
- Preparing and cooking meals – cooking a variety of nutritional meals
- Running errands – assisting with ad hoc tasks, going to the shops, picking up prescriptions
- Medications – encouraging, reminding, assisting, recording and giving medicines
- Liaise with medical professionals, co-ordinate appointments, reporting new / changed symptoms
What are we looking for?
As a live-in carer your role has many hats. Flexibility, confidentiality and understanding are key character attributes. Teamwork and a willingness to go the extra mile are much-valued OxleyCare carer qualities. The ability to form good, respectful working relationships is paramount. Other skills and personal attributes that we are looking for include:
- Caring and kind with good communication skills
- Respectful and responsible
- Resourceful and resilient
- Patient and professional
- Organised and observant
- Flexible and friendly
- Empathetic and loyal
What we offer you
Being well-trained is where we come in. We value any applicants with previous nursing or care experience but provide full training prior to placement and in the client’s home. All our carers are employed by us which guarantees unparalleled 24/7 support from our nurse-led management team. Our rates of pay are amongst the best in the industry and as OxleyCare employees, you will get a company pension and the chance to earn a ‘roster commitment bonus’ by confirming your availability for placements over a given period. A driving license, the ability to cook fresh, nourishing meals and a DBS certificate on the update service is advantageous. If you do not have a UK base we can provide subsidised accommodation for your mandated respite and breaks.